POSITION: Food Forward Ventura County Program Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Food Forward, http://www.foodforward.org
HOURS: Flexibility required, 4-6hrs / week. Max hours 25/month
Food Forward’s mission is to rescue local produce that would otherwise go to waste, connecting this abundance with people in need, and inspiring others to do the same.
The Ventura County Program Assistant will help with the general management and communication of volunteers, agencies and property owners as well as scheduling “pick” events in Ventura County. The Program Assistant will report to Ventura County Director.
The responsibilities include:
· Property Scouting
· Maintain equipment inventory
· Vehicle maintenance (smog certified, tires, gas, pick box supplies, washed
· Shopping for events, office supplies, volunteer meals
· Deliver and pick up equipment for small pick events around the county (boxes, buckets, ladders, poles)
· Pick up fruit from small events around the county (max load 900 lbs) requires lifting 40 lb boxes
· Research possible equipment barns until office space/storage is secured
· Weekly Facebook and Twitter postings
· Update VC metrics (picks, lbs, volunteers, hours) weekly on assorted spreadsheets
· Help relocate into new office space
· Collect company email addresses from Ventura County volunteers thru their release waivers (for future fundraising purposes)
· Update the flyer template for companies wanting to post a Food Forward flyer announcing an upcoming pick event
· Other tasks as needed to assist the VC Director
We are looking for a highly organized self-starter. Candidate should possess very good writing skills, be creative, organized, detail oriented, excellent follow through, and interested in food justice and community building.
Other qualifications include:
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong people and relationship building skills
– Flexibility to work some weekends
– Valid Driver’s license and clean record
– Knowledge and comfort with Twitter, Facebook and other social media
HOW TO APPLY: Please attach your current resume as a PDF and create a cover letter in the body of the email explaining your interest in the position and email to firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com, with the subject line reading, “Ventura County Program Assistant- (YOUR NAME HERE).” Only the applicants who follow directions will be considered.
- Spring Melt Tickets On Sale Now!
- Food Forward Ventura County Program Seeks Assistant Part Time
- January’s Fresh Juice!
- Fruitful Sunday Pick!
- Food Forward Holds Our 1st Fundraiser – Saturday Oct 2nd!
- September Picks Still Open!!
- 1,000,000 SERVINGS PICKED!
- September’s Fresh Juice
- Fruit Harvesting and Foodie Event weekend!
- Launch of LA’s first Food Rendezvous!